Prep Time: 50 minutes + drying overnight
- 2 boxes of Original Cloudies
- 4 oz. diced pancetta (or thick cut bacon, diced)
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter cut into 8 pieces, for dotting on top
- Optional: herbs for sprinkling over the top at the end
- Remove Cloudies from plastic and thaw on countertop overnight to begin drying.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Lay cookie cooling racks inside rimmed baking sheets. Tear each Cloudie into 6-8 pieces, place on racks. Bake for 40-50 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and turn the temperature to 375°.
- Meanwhile, cook diced pancetta on stovetop for 8-9 minutes. Once golden brown, remove and place on paper towel.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. of olive oil to the pan drippings. Add diced onion, celery, carrots, and a pinch of salt to the pan, sauté until soft.
- Remove from heat and add the minced sage, thyme and rosemary. Stir to mix.
- Add chicken broth to a small saucepan, warm until simmering.
- When ready to assemble: add the 2 eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add the sauteed veggies and slowly pour the warm broth into the eggs, stirring the entire time.
- Add the dried Cloudies pieces, gently stir to combine with the egg/vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a greased 3 qt. baking dish and top with the 8 pieces of butter. Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until top is crispy.
Recipe and photo credit: Kendra Peterson, Drizzle Kitchen